- Ginger-5 ( medium , sliced)
- Shallot 8 to 9(small , sliced)
- Green chilli5 or 6(cut , small )
- Curry leaves-3 sprigs
- Mustard seed-1 tsp
- Asafoetida-small pieces
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tbsp
- Red chilli powder-1 tbsp
- Tamarind –small ball
- Jaggery-small piece
- Salt –to taste
- Oil-3 tbsp
- First, we Soak the tamarind for 5 to 10 minutes and extract the Juice, and keep a side
- Heat oil in a mud pot ,add the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds start splutters .
- Add ginger ,shallots asafoetida ,green chilli ,curry leaves and a pinch of salt, mix and saute
well until it turns golden brown.
- Again we add powders like turmeric powder, red chilli powder and mix well for some
- Then we add tamarind water and little bit of salt ,stir continuously.
- Then we add jaggery mix well and dissolve it, until the gravy thicken
- Turn off the flame and let it cool
- Serve and enjoy the Kerala style sweet and sour pickle..