Kerala style thenga aracha meen curry(pink perch)
- Fish-5or 6
- Tamarind-1 lemon size
- Turmeric powder-1tsp
- Pearl onion-7to 8
- Garlic-4or 5 petals
- Dry red chillies-3or4
- Grated coconut-1/2 cup
- Green chilli-3or4
- Ginger-small piece
- Curry leaves-3 or 4 sprigs
- Coriander seed-small quantity
- Cut and clean fish into thin slices,then we wash the fish into tamarind water for good taste.
- Take a clay pot add fish pieces,turmeric powder and pour some oil,and set a side.
- Grind a grated coconut,dry red chilli,pearl onion,coriander seed,and garlic,adding little water
to a paste and keep a side.
- Then we add the mixture into a fish clay pot,and add green chilli and ginger and curry leaves
to the pot
- Then we turn on the flame ,and cook some time,then we slowly added the salt to taste
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. Check if the fish is cooked properly. Turn
off the flame.
- Serve the fish curry with rice or tapioca
Leave a Reply