- beetroot -1 big
- Onion- 2
- Ginger-1 small piece
- Green chilli-4 nos slit
- Mustard seed-2 tbsp
- Curry leaves-2 sprig
- Grated coconut -1 cup
- Remove the skin and grated the beetroot.
- Mix grated beetroot, grated coconut, finely chopped onion, chopped green chilly, curry
leaves in a bowl with hand or spoon and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seed once seed spitted,
- Add the prepared beetroot mix and saute well for some time and add salt to taste and stir
well .turn the flame to low
- cover with a lid and allow the beetroot to soften/steam cook for 4-5 minutes .
- remove from the fire and serve hot
- serve with a rice as a side dish