- rice flour, roasted-1 cup
- banana (poovan pazham)-1or 3
- jaggery-1/4 cup
- coconut, grated-1/4 cup
- cumin powder-1/4 tsp
- cardamom powder-4or 5
- bay leaves-
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
- Melt jaggery /sharkkara with 1/2 cup of water. Remove the impurities and set it aside
- Combine jaggery, bananas, grated coconut, cumin powder, cardamom powder and rice flour in a vessel.
Combine well to form a smooth paste
- Take each bay leaf and make cone with it. Add a small quantityof rice jaggery paste depending on the
size of the leaf.
- Bend the upper edge of the leaf to close the cone. Repeat this procedure with remaining rice jaggery
paste and leaves.
- Place a steamer with enough water on medium flame. Steam these cones for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve these hot kumbilappams with black coffee and enjoy…
Leave a Reply