- Red raw rice-1kg
- Grated coconut -1/2 cup
- Coconut slices- ½ piece
- Jaggery-1/2 kg
- Crushed cardamom-3 or 4 seeds
- Cashewnut-250 grm
- Raisins-250 grm
- Ginger powder-1/2 tsp
- Ghee- 6 or 7 tbsp
- First we wash and clean the rice and keep it in aside
- Take a heavy pan add one or 2 cups of water to jaggery and boil until it
becomes diluted, Keep aside.
- Add 1 tsp ghee in frying pan, add coconut slices and raisins then fry till
golden brown, keep aside.
- Then we add red raw rice into the same pan and sauted for some
- Add water and mix well
- Add jaggery water and cook again for 10 to 12 minutes stirring
constantly in low flame.
- Now add grated coconut ,mix well and cook for 2 mins, then add ghee little by
- Add powders like cardamom and dry ginger to payasam.
- Then we add fried coconut slices and raisins mix well and cook for some
- Turn off the flame and serve kerala traditional style payasam .
- Enjoy the taste of naypayasam