- Roasted rice flour-1 kg
- Jaggery- ½ kg
- Crushed cardamom-3 or 4 seeds
- Cumin powder -1/2 tsp
- Ginger powder—1/2 tsp
- Sun flower oil-for frying
- Ghee -3 or 4 tbsp
- Water – 1 ltr
- Take a heavy pan add one or 2 cups of water to jaggery and boil until it
becomes diluted, Keep aside.
- Take 1 or 2 tbsp ghee in pan,add grated coconut ,mix well
- Then we add crushed cardamom ,cumin powder and ginger powder ,mix
well and saute for some time
- Again we add diluted jaggery water and roasted rice flour ,mix all the
ingredients well and start preparing thick tight dough. Do not add too
much jaggery water else it will splatter when deep frying.
- Once the dough is ready, Take a very little piece of the dough and roll
using your palms into a small round and keep it in a bowl
- Heat oil to deep fry, first drop 3 or 4 balls and do a test..if that doesn’t
pop then go ahead and drop a bunch of balls into the oil and deep fry
- They turn golden brown remove and drain onto a tissue paper.
- And enjoy the kerala traditional onam snacks recipe