- Rice flour – 2 cup
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Grated coconut – 1 ½ cup
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Cardamom – 3 or 4 nos
- Ghee – 2 or 3 tsp
- salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Banana leaf – 1
- First we have to crush cardamom and cumin seed then set aside.
- Heat a idli steamer with water.
- Take a large bowl add rice flour ,salt and mix it well.
- Then pour sufficient amount of water and mix well and set aside.
- Heat oil in apan add jaggery and water mix well and boil it well ,then filter it and set aside.
- Again heat another pan add grated coconut and saute for some minutes.
- Then add jaggery water and crushed cardamom cumin powder mix it well and saute for some
- Now add some ghee and mix it well,remove from fire and keep a side for cooling the mixture.
- Then warm the banana leaves and cut it into pieces .
- Take a lemon size dough and flatten over a banana leaf with fingers.
- Then place a small amount of jaggery mix and spead it .
- Again fold half and press gently on sides.
- Then place and steam until it is well cooked .
- Remove from lid of the steamer and set aside.
- serve and enjoy ela ada with tea..