- Chicken – 2 kg
- Shallots – 20 to 25 nos
- Ginger – 1 big
- Garlic – 7 to 8 nos
- Fennel seed – 1 tsp
- Dry red chilli – 5 or 6 nos
- Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp.
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- First we cut and clean the chicken and put it in a bowl.
- Then we crush ginger and garlic separately and keep it in a side.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan add fennel seed when they splutter
- Add shallots and salt ,mix and saute well for some minutes.
- Again we add crushed ginger , garlic and dry red chilli ,mix well and saute for some minutes.
- Now we add chicken pieces and mix well.
- Finally we add some salt and turmeric powder mix well and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- After the chicken is ready ,turn off the flame and replaced.
- Serve and enjoy the onion chicken roast fry with appam.