- Potato – 5 ( pealed, cleaned and sliced into round shape)
- Besan flour – 4 tsp
- Asafoetida powder – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coconut oil – 500 ml
- Onion – 5 (cut into small dice)
- Tomato – 2 (sliced)
- Dry red chili – 5
- Salt for taste
- Water as required
- Mix besan flour, Asafoetida powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt
along with water to prepare the dough.
- Make sure it is in the right thickness, add water as required.
- Keep it aside for later use.
- Firstly, add hot water to the sliced potatoes and wait for 10 minutes so that it is
- Now in a pan heat the coconut oil. While the oil is getting hot mix the sliced potatoes
in the dough and fry it in the oil. Add one slice at a time in the oil so that it doesn’t
stick to each other. In this way fry all the potato slices.
- Now in a pan heat some coconut oil, add the sliced onions and dry red chili and sauté
- Once its sautéed remove it from the flame.
- Then to make the tomato chutney, grind the sautéed dry red chili and the onion into
paste, also add the sliced tomatoes and grind it together.
- Now serve the fried potatoes along with the freshly prepared tomato