- Toor dal-2 cups
- Curry leaf -3 sprigs
- Pearlonion-7 or 8
- Oil –for frying
- Salt for taste
- For rasam
- Mustard seed-1 tbsp
- Dry red chilli-4 or 5 nos
- Garlic-6 or 7
- Ginger -1medium
- Pepper – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seed-1 tsp
- Pearl onion- -7 or 8
- Green chilli- 2 nos
- Curry leaves -2 sprigs
- Chilli powder-1 tbsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric-1/2 tbsp
- Tomato- 2 medium
- Tamarind – 1 small piece
- Asafoetida- 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil -2 tsp
- Soak the dal for an hour and drain excess water.
- Then we grind dry red chilli,curry leaves,pearl onion,
- Ginger into fine paste
- Then we add toor dal and grind coarsely.
- .Heat oil in a pan. Flatten the balls between your palms & drop the vadas to the hot
- Then we fry them till crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from flame & keep aside.
- First we grind the ginger garlic ,pepper, cumin seed and pearl onion into fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seed and dry red chilli When the mustard seeds starts
- Add grinded mixture like ginger garlic etc into the pan.
- Then we add green chilli,curry leaves,chilli powder,coriander powder,turmeric
powder,turmeric powder and tomato,mix well and saute for some minutes
- Then we add tamarind water salt and asafoedia. Cover and cook for some minutes,
- Turn off the flames and serve vada with rasam
- Enjoy the taste of vada rasam.