- Chana dal – 1 cup
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Cardamom – 3 pods
- Sago pearls – ½ cup
- Jaggery – 250 grm
- Cashew nut – 250 grm
- Raisins – 250 grm
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Rinse the chana dal couple of times in water ,then drain and set aside.
- Heat water in a pan add ghee and chana dal cook them well,set aside
- Take a bowl add grated coconut and water mix well and drain the thick coconut milk and set
- Again pour some water in the squeezed coconut ,drain the thin coconut milk ,set aside.
- Heat water in a pan add sago pearls and boiled well.
- Crush cardamom and set aside
- Next we add grated jaggery in to the pan , mix well and stir so that the jaggery dissolves
completely Add crushed cardamom and mix it well.
- Then we have to add cooked chana dal and stir it well.
- Now we add thin coconut milk and stir well and cook for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Then add fresh thick coconut milk and mix well.
- Heat ghee in a small pan add cashew nut .fry till the cashew nut turns to golden brown.
- Ones the cashew nut starts becoming golden add raisins and stir .
- Fry well till the raisins till plump
- Then pour the entire ingredients of the pan in the chana dal payasam.
- Mix well and serve chana dal payasam hot or warm and enjoy the taste.