- Tomatoes – 2 nos
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Ginger – 1 medium
- Garlic – 6 to 7 nos
- Tamarind water – ½ cup
- Coriander leaves – small amound
- Dry red chilli – 4 or 5 nos
- Coriander seed – 1 tbsp
- Pepper seed – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seed powder – 1 tsp
- Fenugrrek seed – 1 tsp
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- First we have to crush ginger and garlic set a side
- Then we have to crush dry red chilli and keep a side
- Again we have to crush coriander seed and pepper seed separately and set a side.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seed and fenugeek seed , When the seeds splutter.
- Add asafoetida and crushed ginger and garlic saute well.
- Then we have to add crushed dry red chilli ,coriander seed ,pepper seed and green chilli saute well
- Add curry leaves and chopped tomatoes saute till the tomatoes become soften .
- Now we have to add cumin seed powder , squeezed tamarind water and salt stir it well
- Then boil over medium flame,when it starts to boil add some chopped coriander leaves and stir it
- Remove from fire and set a side.
- Serve and enjoy the south indian recipe ..