- Yam – ½ kg
- Shallots- 3nos
- Beans – 5 or6 nos
- Pumpkin – small pieces
- Raw tomatoes – 2 nos
- Tomatoes – 2 nos
- Carrot – 2 nos
- Brinjal – 2 nos
- Garlic – 4 or5 nos
- Curry leaves- 3 sprigs
- Green chilli –5 or 6 nos
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- Coconut oil – 2 or3 tbsp
- Firstly we have to peel ,cut and wash the vegetables like Yam , pumpkin, raw tomatoes ,
brinjal , beans, carrot , onion ,cucumber, curry leaves and tomatoes .
- Then takea heavy bottom pan add chopped vegetables ,green chilli,turmeric powder,salt and
pour some oil .
- Then pour some water and mix them well.
- Cover and cook till the vegetables become well cooked .
- Grind grated coconut ,shallots, garlic, green chilli, cumin seed and curry leaves into a
coarsely paste with little water.
- Then pour the ground coconut paste into the cooking vegetable pan mix them well.
- Cover the pot with a lid and cook for 5 mins.
- Then finally pour some fresh coconut oil and salt , mix them well.
- Remove from fire and keep aside.
- Serve the tasty kerala aviyal with meals.
Leave a Reply