*Sardines – 1/2 kg.
*Pot tamarind / kodumpuli
*Ginger – 1 piece.
*Garlic – 8 cloves.
*Coconut oil – as required.
*Fenugreek – 1 teaspoon.
*Green chilies – 3 nos.
*Chili powder – 5 teaspoons.
*Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons.
*Salt to taste.
1) Clean sardines with salt. Clean with pot tamarind infused water. Clean with vinegar. Make deep gashes.
2) Chop finely ginger, garlic, green chilies.
3) Heat coconut oil in a pan. splutter mustard seed and fenugreek seed. Add ginger, chilies, garlic(2cloves), curry leaves. Saute in chili powder, coriander powder, and wait till the raw smell goes. Add water as required and season it with salt. Add 5 pot tamarind to it.
4) When the above gravy starts to boil, add the sardines. Water should be enough to cover the fish.
5) Bring the gravy with fish back to boil and turn off the stove.
Spicy sardines is ready…