- Drum stick leaves – 1 hand full
- Toor dal – 1 cup
- Shallots – 30 32 nos
- Tomato – 2 nos
- Green chilli – 5nos
- Curry leaves – 4 or 5 sprigs
- Dry red chilli – 4 nos
- Tamarind – small round ball
- Hing powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 11/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Sambar powder – 2 tbsp
- Fenugreek seed – 1 tsp
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 or 3 tbsp
- Take a heavy bottom pot add cleaned toor dal,shallots,tomatoes,green chilli,hing powder ,turmeric
powder ,salt and sufficient amount of water,cook then well
- Then add some curry leaves cover and cook till the toor dal become soften .
- Take a small bowl add water and tamarind ,squeeze with hands and drain set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add fenugreek seed and mustard seed,ones they crackled.
- Add dry red chilli,curry leaves and shallots saute them well.
- Then add chilli powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder , sambar powder and hing powder, saute
- Now add drained tamarind water and water, mix them well for 4 to 5 minutes .
- Then pour the cooked sambar powder and other ingredients mix into cooked toor dal pan and
combine them well.
- Finally add cleaned drum stick leaves and cook them well.
- Remove from fire and set aside.
- Serve the healthy and tasty sambar with your delicious meal.