- Tomato – 1 nos
- Dry red chilli – 4 nos
- Ginger – 1 nos
- Garlic – 6 or 7 nos
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Green chilli – 2 nos
- Coriander seed – 1 tbsp
- Black pepper – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Tamarind – small ball
- Asafoetida – 1 small piece
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seed – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- Oil – 1 or 2 tbsp
- Firstly ,we have to crush dry red chilli,ginger ,garlic ,coriander seed,black pepper seedand cumin
seed and set aside.
- Take a small bowl add tamarind and water squeeze them well and drain set aside.
- Heat oil in a an add mustard seed and fenugreek seed ,lets spluttered.
- Add asafoetida ,curry leaves and crushed masala like dry red chilli ,ginger garlic etc ,saute them well.
- Add green chilli and tomatoes saute them well till they become soft.
- Pour tamarind water and mix them well.
- Add sufficient quantity of water and salt mix and boil them well.
- Remove from fire and set aside.
- Serve and enjoy the rasam with meals..