- Tomatoes – 4 nos
- Toor dal – 1 cup
- Green chilli – 3 nos
- Onion – 1 nos
- Coriander powder – one hand full.
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Dry red chilli – 3 nos
- Sambar powder – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida powder – 1 tsp
- Tamarind – 1 small pieces
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- Heat a pot add tomatoes ,cleaned toor dal and water.
- Then add green chilli,curry leaves ,salt and turmeric powder ,cover and cook well.
- Take a bowl add tamarind and water soak for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Then squeeze and drain set aside.
- Take a pan add chopped onion ,water ,mix well and cook for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add cooked tomatoes and toor dal mix ,combain well.
- Then add tamarind water ,water and asafoetida powder mix well and cook for some minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seed ,let them crackle .
- Add dry red chilli,curry leaves,sambar powder ,saute well and pour the mixture into the
sambar pan ,mix well.
- Then add some coriander leaves into the sambar curry pan and mix well.
- Remove from fire and set aside.
- Serve and enjoy tomatoes sambar with dosa or idaly