- Rice flour – 1 kg (fried)
- Coconut – 1 (Grated)
- Shallots – 15 (cut into 4 pieces)
- Garlic – 10
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Black sesame seeds – 4 tsp
- Egg – 1
- Coconut oil – 1 kg
- Salt for taste
- Firstly, make a paste using grated coconut, shallots, garlic, cumin seed and salt
- Add water to this paste and boil it.
- Bit by bit add this mixture to the rice flour and mix it well. Use coconut oil while mixing it.
- To this mixture add the black sesame seeds and 1 egg, then blend all the ingredients
together and roll it to form a big ball.
- Then apply oil on the pressing board, using hands make small balls from the bog ball and
press it on the pressing board. With the help of a glass mark the round shapes.
- Now with the help of index finger roll these small round sheet to get the shape of
- Repeat this process and place all the rolled ones on a banana leaf.
- Now in a pan heat the oil and add the rolls one by one. Fry it until it is crispy.
- Kuzhalappam is now ready to be served along with coffee or tea.