*Potato – 9 nos.
*Onion – 2 nos.
*Green chilis – 5 nos.
*Garlic -5 cloves.
*Shallots – 6nos.
*Dried Chilies – 3nos.
*Curry leaves – 2 stems.
*Coconut milk – 2 cups.
*Cumin – 1 Tablespoon.
*Cinnamon – 1 small piece.
*Mustard – 1 tablespoon.
*Coriander powder -2 and 1/2 tablespoon.
*Salt – as required.
1) Peel and dice the potato.
2) Clean and chop onion, green chilies, shallots, garlic to small pieces.
3) Grate one coconut and extract thick and thin milk of it.
4) Grind cumin and cinnamon to fine powder,
5) Heat oil in a pot, splutter mustard.
6) Saute dried chilies and shallots.
7) Saute in sliced chilies, onion, garlic, potato.
8) Take half portion of the thin coconut milk mix in 2 & 1/2 tablespoon of coriander powder, add it to the sauteed potato.
9) To the remaining coconut milk add garam masala and mix in.
10) Season with salt. Cover and cook.
11) Add in the thick milk and mix. Once a small boil comes turn off flame.
Tasty potato stew / creamy coconut potato curry ready.
Leave a Reply