- Bitter gourd – 3 nos
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Fennel seed – 1 tsp
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seed – 1 tsp
- Shallots 6 or 7 nos
- Garlic – 5 or 6
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Chopped tomato – 1
- Coriander powder -1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Turmeric seed – ½ tbsp.
- Asafoetida powder – 1 tbsp
- Tamarind –small ball
- Water – ½ cup
- Salt – to taste
- oil – 4 tbsp
- first we clean and cut the bitter gourd into round shape .
- Take a small bowl add tamarind and water then squeeze well and drain the water and keep aside.
heat oil in a pan add chopped bitter gourd and saute and fry well, then drain and keep aside.
- Again we use the same pan and add little amount of oil .
- Then we add mustard seed , fennel seed ,cumin seed and fenugreek seed until it begins to crackle.
- Then we have to add shallots, garlic and curry leaves saute well for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add finally chopped tomato and saute till the tomato become soften.
- Then we add curry powders like coriander powder, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida
powder and salt mix well and saute for few minutes.
- Add tamarind water and mix well
- Again we add some water and mix well.
- Finally we add fried bitter gourd and mix and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set a side
- Serve and enjoy the simple curry with meals.