- Raw jack fruit -2 cup
- Jaggery – 250 grm
- Saga rice – 2 tbsp
- Grated coconut -1 cup
- Cardamom- 3 pods
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Ground nut – 2 tbsp
- Dry raisins – 2 tbsp
- Cashew nut-2 tbsp
- Ghee – 5 tbsp
- Boil water and jaggery in a pan ,heat until the jaggery melts,then filter and set aside.
- Then chop jackfruit pods into small pieces and set a side.
- Heat water in a pan add saga rice and cook well then set aside.
- Take a large bowl add grated coconut and water ,squeeze with hands and stained ,then set a side (
thick coconut milk )
- Then we have to add water into the squeezed coconut ,second extract coconut milk in the same
manner as mentioned above ( thin coconut milk)
- Then we have to crush cardamom and cumin seed and set a side.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan add ground nut and fry, drain and set a side .
- Again we add raisins in to the pan fry ,drain and keep aside.
- Then we have to add cashew nut and set a side.
- Add more ghee into the same pan add chopped jack fruit and saute for some minutes.
- Add jaggery water , mix and cook for 7 to 8 minutes.
- The we have to add boiled saga rice and mix well.
- Now we add thin coconut milk and bay leaves cook for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add crushed cardamom,cumin seed powder and ginger powder
- Add half cup of thick coconut milk ,fried ground nut, cashew nut and raisins.mix well.
- Again we add another half of coconut milk and mix and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from fire and set a side.
- Serve and enjoy the taste of kerala style jackfruit payasam.