- Chicken pieces – 1 kg
- shallots – 12 to 14 nos
- Green chilli – 2 nos
- Ginger – 1 nos
- Garlic – 5or6 nos
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Coconut pieces – 1 cup
- Sarvasuganthi leaves – 2 nos
- Red chilli powder – 11/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp.
- Fennel seed – 1 tsp
- Cloves – 2 nos
- Cinnamon – 1 nos
- Dry red chilli – 3 nos
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 or2 tsp
- Oil – 3 or 4 tbsp
- Firstly we have to cut and clean the chicken , then wash and set aside.
- Heat little bit of oil , add coriander powder and redchilli powder ,saute for some minutes and keep
- Heat oil in a another pan add mustard seed ,lets crackled.
- Add chopped coconut pieces,saute for 3to 4 minutes.
- Then add chopped shallots,green chilli ,chopped ginger ginger ,garlic and curry leaves saute them
- Again add fresh cleaned chicken pieces,turmericpowder and sarvasuganthi leaves, combine them
well,cover and cook till the chicken become soften.
- Then grinded fennel seed.cloves and cinnamon into fine paste masala ,keep aside.
- Now add the grinded garam masala paste into the red chilli and coriander sauted pan ,mix them
- Then pour the mixture into the chicken curry pan combine them well ,cover and cook for some
- Again heat oil in a pan add mustard seed ,lets cracled.
- Add dry red chilli,chopped shallots and curry leaves ,fry them well.
- Now pour the fried mixture into the chicken curry pan.
- Remove from fire and set aside.
- Serve the kerala style chicken curry with meals.