- Onion – ½ kg sliced thinly
- Coriander Leaves
- Green Chilli-4 chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste -1 tblspn
- Gram Flour -1 cup
- Rice Flour – ½ cup
- Curry leaves – 2 spring
- Fennel Seeds -1 tblspn
- Turmeric Powder -1 tsp
- Chilli Powder-2 tsp or to taste
- Baking Soda -1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying + 1 tblspn for adding in batter
- In a mixing bowl add sliced onions, green chilli, curry leaves, cilantro, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, baking soda, fennel seeds and mix well by your hands.
- You should mix this really well so that the water from the onions start to come out.
- After mixing this leave it aside for 5 mins.
- Add gram flour & rice flour a spoonful at a time and mix well.
- This vada don’t need any additional water, the moisture in this onions is enough for making the batter,If you need just sprinkle few drops of batter in this..
- Now heat a tablespoon of oil and pour it in the batter and mix well,This batter should be a think one, so that you can form dumplings out of it.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Make small balls out of this mixture and drop in hot oil.
- Fry this till golden on a medium flame,This will take around 5-10 mins..
- Now drain this in a paper towel.
- Serve hot.
Leave a Reply