- Plain flour-1 cup
- Ghee-3 or 4 tsp
- Water -1/4 cup
- Sugar-1/2 cup
- Turmeric-1 pinch
- Salt –I pinch
- Sunflower oil-1 ltr
- firstly, in a large bowl take 1 cup maida or plain flour and add turmeric powder
- Add little by little water and knead smooth and soft dough. cover and rest for
½ an hour .
- Sprinkle flour, place the dough on chapathi stone then roll out into large thin
- Then spread ghee all over the chappathi
- Then fold the chapatti tightly then cut into diamond shape, roll each piece
- Heat oil over medium heat,Once oil is hot enough, reduce the heat and
- Fry over medium low till they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Then immediately drop the fried kajas into the warm sugar syrup.
- Soak them in the syrup for 4or 5 minutes.
- Finally, serve kerala style kaja snack recipe with tea or coffee or store in an
air tight container for 10-15 days.