- Onion – ½ kg sliced thinly
- Coriander Leaves
- Green Chilli-4 chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste -1 tblspn
- Gram Flour -1 cup
- Rice Flour – ½ cup
- Curry leaves – 2 spring
- Fennel Seeds -1 tblspn
- Turmeric Powder -1 tsp
- Chilli Powder-2 tsp or to taste
- Baking Soda -1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying + 1 tblspn for adding in batter
- In a mixing bowl add sliced onions, green chilli, curry leaves, cilantro, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, baking soda, fennel seeds and mix well by your hands..
- You should mix this really well so that the water from the onions start to come out. After mixing this leave it aside for 5 mins.
- Add gram flour & rice flour a spoonful at a time and mix well..This vada don’t need any additional water, the moisture in this onions is enough for making the batter.If you need just sprinkle few drops of batter in this..
- Now heat a tablespoon of oil and pour it in the batter and mix well.This batter should be a think one, so that you can form dumplings out of it.
- Heat oil for deep frying..Make small balls out of this mixture and drop in hot oil.Fry this till golden on a medium flame..This will take around 5-10 mins..
- Now drain this in a paper towel.
- Serve hot.
Leave a Reply