- Wheat flour – 1 1/2 cup
- Banana – 4 or 5 nos
- Jaggery – 250 gram
- Cardamom – 3 or 4 nos
- Fennel seed – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- Oil – 1 ltr
- Heat water in a pan ,add jaggery and boil them well.
- Once the jaggery is melted and it starts to boil,
- Remove it from the heat.
- Then we have to crush the cardamom and fennel seed ,set aside.
- Then drain the jaggery water and keep it aside.
- Take a bowl, add wheat flour.
- Then add the peeled banana and mash them well with your hands.
- Add crushed cardamom and fennel seed powder.
- Sprinkle some salt .
- mix and combine them well.
- Then, gradually add jaggery water to make a thick, smooth, lump-free batter.
- Cover and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan
- Then take small amounts of batter and drop them gently in the oil to form round shaped bondas.
- Fry them well till they become light golden brown
- Drain and set aside.
- Serve and enjoy the tasty wheat bonda with tea or coffee
Leave a Reply