- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Banana – 4 or 5 nos
- Grated Jaggery – ½ cup
- Cinnamon -4 nos
- Cashew nut -1/2 cup
- Raisins- small hand full
- Black sesame seed – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Heat water in a pan add grated jaggery and boil them well.
- Then drain and set aside.
- Crush cardamon into powder and set aside.
- Again we have to crush cashew nut and keep aside.
- Clean the palm leaves and Cut them in to medium pieces. Make threads using the leaflets itself to tie
the ola pidi .
- Now we take the jaggery water pan and add peeled banana ,then mash them well with clean hands.
- Add rice flour, black sesame seeds,crush cashewnut,cardamom powder,raisins and pinch of salt, mix
them well and knead to a smooth dough.
- Then Open the leaves ,take a small portion of the dough and fill in palm leaf and cover the other side
with another palm leaf and tie with the thread we made using palm leaflets.
- Heat water in a idli steamer and add cardamom
- Then place a idli plate into the steamer, arrange the ola pidi and steam them well.
- Remove from fire and keep aside
- Serve the traditional snack palm leaf kozhukkatta (ola pidi) with tea