- Besan flour- 11/2 cup
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Garlic – 7 or 8 nos
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida powder – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves- 4 or 5 sprigs
- Oil – 1 ltr
- Salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- Firstly we have to crush the garlic and keep aside.
- Take a pan add besan flour ,rice flour ,red chilli powder
- Add asafoetida powder ,ginger paste and salt.,mix them well.
- Add water little by little knead it into a smooth dough,keep aside.
- Cover and set aside.
- Take a idiyappam mould with pakkavada plate in it
- Add the dough to it and close it,set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan
- Them squeeze the idiyappam press dough into hot oil , in a circular motion.
- Fry the pakkavada until its golden colour
- Drain excess oil and set aside
- Then we have to fry some curry leaves
- Drain and set a side
- Then mix the fried curry leaves with pakkavada.
- Serve the pakkavadas with tea or coffee.
Leave a Reply